Membership Offer at May 8th event
We have a fantastic offer for new members joing The MRC at our Open House event on Sunday 8th May 2016.
Not only is membership reduced to just £25 for the rest of 2016, but you also get an exclusive 17-piece modelling tool set worth £39.95*, absolutely free.
Library Additions - April 2016
Our library has one of the widest and largest ranges of books of books for railway modellers - covering prototype railways and modelling. The following list of books has recently been added.
The library is open for browsing on Thursday evenings from 7-9pm (unless there is a lecture), and on our monthly open afternoons. Check out the calendar for details. Members can borrow books to read and work from at home.
The May/June 2016 edition of The Bulletin is on its way to members, featuring a range of interesting articles all written by members, including:
- Martin Long reporting on our former O-gauge layout "Happisburgh" which he bought and now has permanently installed in his garage.
- Meanwhile there's an update on "Happisburgh Goods", the 'end' of the old layout that is still going string and regulalrly at exhibitions.
- Andrew David previews "Aylesbury LNWR", one of the first EM gauge layouts, whichw as origianlly built by Geoff Williams in the 1970s, but has been rejuvinated and is exhbitied at RAILEX at the end of May
- John Jesson describes German Class 50 2-10-0 locos, of which 3,164 were made.
- And some updates from around the MRC, including news of Young MRC and Skills Transfer Days.
The Bulletin is a bi-monthly publication sent to all members of The Club - new members are weclome.
The Model Railway Club
We are the world's oldest Model Railway Club, established in 1910, and still one of the leading lights in the model railway world. We meet every week, on Thursday 'track nights' at Keen House our purpose built club building in Central London, just a few minutes walk from King's Cross station.
We welcome new members of all levels, click here to find out more.
Thursday Track Nights
You are more than welcome to come and meet us on Thursday evenings from 7pm at our Keen House clubrooms, 4 Calshot Street, near Kings Cross.